The following is a special Covid-19 update from the Optometrists and Dispensing Opticians Board (ODOB)
FROM THE ODOB BOARD (6 Oct 2020)
As you will be aware, the Auckland region will join the rest of the country in moving to Alert Level 1 as of 11.59pm Wednesday 7 October 2020.
With no new updates or changes for Allied Health Services on Covid-19 Alert Levels from the Ministry of Health - the pervious advice remains.
Alert Level 1:
“Community allied health services can return to normal with the following recommendations:
- Enable contact tracing eg. NZ Covid-19 tracer app.
- Discouraging patients to attend appointments when they are sick eg. screening prior to appointment, public messaging
- Good infection prevention control measures are in place such as frequent hand washing and cleaning
- Physical distancing is not required but is encouraged where possible"
As a reminder, the best defence against Covid-19 are basic hygiene measures, which include:
- cough or sneeze into your elbow or by covering your mouth and nose with tissues
- put used tissues in the bin or a bag immediately
- wash your hands with soap and water often (for at least 20 seconds)
- avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- clean surfaces regularly
The Board would like to remind you of the importance in taking measures to protect the health and safety of the public and thank you for your ongoing efforts.
We will communicate any further updates if/as soon as they become available.
Noho ora mai / stay well
Jayesh Chouhan, Board Chair and Antony McFelin, Registrar